CALL FOR ENTRY NOW OPEN!!
Deadline for entries Midnight on Oct 21, 2018SHOW DATES: DEC. 6, 2018 - JAN 31, 2019
Don't miss this opportunity to show at Mary Williams Fine Arts in Boulder!
5311 Western Avenue
Boulder, CO 80301
This show will feature smaller sized paintings done in soft pastel. The maximum artwork size (hxw of the image area) will be 108 square inches (a 9x12 is an example of an image that meets this requirement). Our Reception will be during Mary's annual, very well-attended Holiday Party!SHOW PROSPECTUS, PDF DOWNLOAD: http://pastelsocietyofcolorado.org/pdfs/smallworksprospectus2018.pdfShow Guidelines:
• All images 108 sq/in or smaller
*this is the painting image size before adding the frame. 9x12=108, 8x10=80, 10x10=100, etc.
• Minimum of 2" moulding (frame width) on all paintings
• NO MATS on FRAMING for this show
• Minimum of $350 painting price
• Each artist may enter 1-2 paintingsOur Show Judge and Juror will be DAVE SANTILLANES!
Dave is a highly recognized painter from the Colorado front range. Please visit his website to see his paintings: http://dasanti.com/Important Dates:
• Show Call for entry opens Sept 20, 2018
• Deadline for entries Midnight on Oct 21, 2018
• Acceptance notification by Nov 5, 2018
• Shipped paintings to arrive Nov 26-27 at Mary Williams Fine Art (details below)
• Drop-Off at Mary Williams Fine Art for hand-delivered paintings Nov 29 & 30, 2018
• Show Opening Reception Dec 6, 2018 from 5-8pm
• Show Closes Jan 31, 2019
• Pickup date/time to be announcedShipping Information:
All shipped work needs to include:
• Prepaid shipping label
• Art shipped without a prepaid return label will not be displayed until a return label is provided Failure to provide a prepaid return label will result in a $25 handling fee in addition to the bill for return shipping
• Identification tags attached to back of each accepted work
• It is recommended that artists use either Masterpak or Airfloat boxes for shipping
• For pieces shipped with glass, neither PSC nor the Gallery is responsible for breakage or replacement
• We suggest you use Plexiglass
• It is suggested that artists who ship glass should always cover it with a product called "glass skin" which is available from the Masterpak company… it holds the glass together in case of breakage in transit, is easily peeled off, and may be re-used if handled carefully http://www.masterpak-usa.com/cat_215_glassskin.htm
• Include the handling charge of $25 per box, payable to Mary Williams Fine Art
for each box in the shipment to cover unpacking, storage of shipping boxes and repacking
• Accepted artists will be responsible for shipping and insurance both waysHand Delivered Painting Information:
• Hand deliver artwork to a central location specified by PSC in Denver or the Western Slope.
• PSC has volunteers to take artwork to Boulder from the Denver area, and will solicit volunteers from the Western Slope to transport to the Front Range group.
• To prepare artwork for transit:
- Make sure label is filled out and attached to the back of the artwork.
- Wrap in bubble wrap and seal in a box. Or, place cardboard on both sides of artwork, wrap in bubble wrap on the outside, and tape.
- Label again on the outside.Entry Cost:
PSC Members: 1-2 paintings, $40 plus paypal fees
Non-Members: 1-2 paintings, $60 plus paypal fees
Shipped work fee: $25 check made payable to Mary Williams Fine ArtVolunteers:
The PSC will be asking for 4-5 volunteers to help with food setup and bartending during the reception.