NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: Entry Deadline: Midnight, July 22, 2019
Show Opening: August 16, 2019
Show Closing Oct 16, 2019 (show will remain live online until the 2020 show but sales will end on Oct 16, 2019)
The entry fee, the entry form, and digital images of the artwork must be submitted no later than Midnight July 22, 2019. Please mark this date on your calendar! No Extended Deadline!Notifications of accepted paintings will be emailed on or before August 9-11, 2019.• This show does NOT limit to acceptance of only 1 piece per artist
• Paintings do not need to be for sale
• Open to PSC Members & Non-Members!
• Deadline will not be extended (July 22 at Midnight)
• No Shipping paintings requiredDOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PROSPECTUS FROM OUR RESOURCES PAGE OR AT
: https://pastelsocietyofcolorado.org/pdfs/chroma_1.pdfJuror and Awards Judge: DAWN EMERSON
Dawn grew up in Marblehead, Massachusetts. After graduating from Brown University with a BA in English/Minor in Art in 1977, she began a career in graphic design and illustration. She became a book designer and art director for an educational publisher in the Boston area, until leaving to head west with her young family and husband in 1985. It was in Salt Lake City she discovered a passion for teaching art to children, and she continued teaching in the public schools after moving to Central Oregon in 1991. In 1992 she discovered the medium of pastel, and began taking workshops with well known pastel artists Sheila Reiman, Harley Brown, Albert Handell, Sally Strand, and others. By 1997 she was winning major awards for her pastel work, writing articles for various art publications, and teaching her own workshops. Dawn has spent the past 26 years creating art, teaching, and experimenting in her Central Oregon studio to push the boundaries of the pastel medium. In 2008 Dawn was introduced to printmaking by mentor Pat Clark. Printmaking led to new and exciting directions for Dawn's art expression and inspired the writing of a book titled "Pastel Innovations" in 2017 by NorthLight Publishers. Three new dvds were also produced by NorthLight, making a total of 6 instructional dvds now available. Dawn's work has been exhibited in many national exhibits, and is available through the Mockingbird Gallery in Bend, OR. Dawn is sought after as an art judge, workshop instructor, and inspiring demonstrator. Her passion is to help people find their own voice with art and to continue to grow as an artist. Visit her website: https://dawnemerson.comEligibility:
- Only digital images of original paintings will be accepted.
- No work from copyrighted images will be accepted. Written permission to use a reference photograph
- by someone other than the artist must be obtained for the painting to comply with copyright laws and PSC requirements.
- If used in your paintings, collage materials must be created by the artist.
- All artwork must be at least 80% soft pastel
- Work completed under supervision in a class or workshop is not eligible.
- Paintings must have been completed within the last two years.
- Paintings shown in any other Pastel Society of Colorado show are not eligible. Any painting identified as shown previously in a PSC exhibition will be rejected and the artist will not be able to enter another PSC show for 2 years. (This is a new rule for PSC Online shows.)
For PSC members up to 3 paintings may be submitted for $25, 4 for $35, or 5 paintings for $45. For non-members up to 3 paintings may be submitted for $35, 4 for $45, or 5 paintings for $55. The entry fee is non-refundable and must be paid at time of entry. Entry deadline is midnight on July 22, 2019. Payment for the show can be made using the PayPal button on the PSC website.REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES:
Entering artists agree that images submitted into Chroma Online Show may be used by the PSC for promotional marketing.AWARDS:
Awards are made at the discretion of the judge, Dawn Emerson. All awards will be final with no exchanges or substitutions. The show will be displayed on the PSCshow.com website with winners prominently exhibited. Cash prizes will be awarded, plus a Terry Ludwig certificate award. SALES:
PSC will connect any potential buyer with the artist. There will be a 10% commission to PSC. PSC accepts NO liability in the transaction of the sale.SHIPPING:
To be paid by the buyer or arranged by the artist. PSC accepts NO liability in the shipping of the artwork.QUESTIONS:
Our show chairs are Sarah St. George and Jeannette Stutzman and may be emailed at email@example.comFor more information about the Pastel Society of Colorado: